Cannabis Test Kits
Alpha-CAT is a Cannabinoid Analysis Tool which uses the simple analytical technique of thin-layer chromatography (TLC) with specific thin-layers and developing fluid.
Thanks to this new protocol the main active ingredients of the cannabis plant parts can be visualised due to a highly specific colouring reaction which represent the cannabinoids present in the sample of cannabis or cannabis product. Alpha-CAT‘s method enables the detection and identification of six (6) of the main cannabinoids present in cannabis:
- Cannabidiol (CBD)
- Cannabinol (CBN)
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
- Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
- Cannabigerol (CBG)
- Cannabichromene (CBC)
A tiny amount of material (0.1 gram) is needed per sample to provide a unique and effective way of analysing the cannabinoid profile in various mixtures such as plant parts of cannabis, trichome resins, oils, tinctures and edibles products (ice-creams, cookies, teas…).
Alpha-CAT helps you to assess the effect of any specific strain with:
- A THC and CBD reference chart for indication of strength and potency
- Chemotype / cannabinoid profile which categorizes the strain
- Chemotype-effect chart indicateing the pharmacological effect to be expected
- A symptom-cure guide helping to determine which strain best helps to alleviate specific symptoms.
MINI kit alpha-CAT
Number of tests*:
– THC & CBD analysis: 8
– Chemotype prints: 2